Friday, July 11, 2008

I keep hitting this same wall, over and over...

Ok. Confession time. Sometimes it feels like I just ain't gettin' nowhere in this journalism business, and it isn't only because sometimes I lapse into a double negative vernacular.

No, indeed.

It's that Woody Allen's admonishment, "Ninety percent of success in life is just showing up," often fails to take purchase in this battered little soul of mine. When I get to sitting down to write queries, conceive of stories and tell editors about them, it feels a lot like I'm wading through molasses.

The year-old Oprah magazine that's been sitting in the guest bathroom opines that when I'm not sure what to do, I should "just do something, anything!." So I signed up for a wu-wu class in energy healing. Figured maybe I could use it on myself to heal what ails me.

In the meantime, I've got a couple of bicycle-based queries I'm gonna write and shoot off.

And any advice you, my gentle reader (and I do assume you might be singular, so don't hang back) can offer could mean the difference between molasses and greased lightnin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment